Thursday, January 9, 2014

January Meal of the Week: One

Three words: SPICY TORTILLA LASAGNA


ON: JANUARY 3, 2014

Where I Found it-
Brought to you by Pinterest, of course. I searched "really easy dishes to make" and got this link to this blog  :) And then if you click that and scroll, there is a list of easy dishes to make... so pretty much I randomly picked something that looked good and came out with this recipe.

Things that went surprisingly well: 
-Cooking the meat (I HATE MEAT)... and adding all the spices to it.
     I was told repeatedly that it's hard to screw up hamburger meat, but I always manage to screw up food stuff so never count me out :)
-The adding of everything else to the little-ish pan that I used without any spillling!

Things that didn't go AS well:
-The recipe calls for a half of a frozen bag of corn...the frozen bag that I didn't remember to thaw out before EVERYTHING else was ready... :(
      FIX: Used can corn, had TONS of extra corn. I'm not sure if it would have tasted better with frozen corn? I'm not sure that it really mattered, but I was SUPER mad when I found out that I had forgotten it. 
-I ran out of already grated cheese by the second to the last layer and had to do a little multitasking.
       BUT: I didn't cut myself on the cheese grater.... so little battles :)

Overall, it went fairly well.  I didn't eat very much because cooking with the meat kind of made it look unappealing to me. But I added sour cream and more salsa, and it was pretty good. I also got in an argument with Maile because I REALLY wanted her to leave the kitchen, so I was really bratty about that.


So we'll call this a SUCCESS




loveeeee youuuu <3


No comments:

Post a Comment